Monday, February 11, 2013

Lighting Up A Foggy Day

Lighting Up A Foggy Day 8x8 Oil on Linen Panel

 


 This place in the springtime at the top of Point Dume when the coreopsis are in bloom will require another visit.  I have painted here several times and each time it has been one of those days which lifts your heart and makes you glad to be alive.  On the day when I painted this little study, I wasn't sure the "record" would hold because my time was so limited and it was a foggy day, but it did.

The bright yellow coreopsis flower had just begun to fill the mesa.  They really were "Lighting Up A Foggy Day".

 I wrote all about my adventures on the Point Dume Bluff.
Read about it HERE. (click the link.)

Although, only a little study, and although I really went there to paint the glorious yellow coreopsis, it was the subtle shades on the far peninsula that framed the painting and which made me smile with satisfaction.

********

2 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

I have to agree with you on the peninsula and I love the light in this piece!

Marian Fortunati said...

Oh Sherry... You always lift my spirits... thank you.

Hope all is well with you!!!

Please Enjoy Some Of My Paintings

or subscribe by email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner